New Members & Mail Lists
Welcome to all our new P&P SIG members. Unless you opt out of receiving SIG email, we subscribe you to our Announcement and Discussion Lists. The Announcement List is used for official SIG announcements. Participating in the Discussion List is a major benefit of membership in the P&P SIG. You can will hear from other members periodically and be able to exchange ideas and information with them.
To ensure that you receive our email, please add these addresses to your email contacts or white list.
- pp-discuss at mailer.stc.org
- pp-announce at mailer.stc.org
STC sends subscribers a monthly reminder with your mail list passwords and instructions.
Let us know if you plan to attend the 2015 STC Summit. We’ll look for you at our table at the Communities Reception, our SIG Luncheon/Business Meeting and our SIG Progession — Policy and Procedure Topics:
- Best Practices in Policies and Procedures (Audrey Bezner)
- Links, References and Resources for Policy and Procedures Analysts (Dawnell Claessen)
- Career Development in Policies and Procedures (Emily Kowal)
- What I know Versus Reality (Cindy Pao)
- Getting Started in Policy and Procedure (Jamye Sagan)
- Technology and Tools in Policies and Procedures (Louise Tincher)
Tuesday 23rd June, 2015, 9:45am to 10:30am.**
Dates and times of Summit sessions are subject to change. Check Lanyard for current information (http://lanyrd.com/2015/stc15/sdkpqy/).
- Our website at: http://www.stc-pp.org. We’ve posted instructions for the SIG mail lists, our SIG newsletter archive, and existing policy and procedure related article reviews.
- Our Linked In Group at: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Society-Technical-Communication-Policies-Procedures-4462932?trk=my_groups-b-grp-v.
- Our old discussion list archive (Jan 2005 – Jan 2014) at: http://mai
Our current numbers (as of 05/03/15) are:
- 481 My STC P&P Group members
- 459 subscribers on our discussion mail list
- 274 SIG members paid up through 2015
Corporate Value Program
Could your company benefit from the Corporate Value Program?
- Organizations with five or more technical communicators can save on membership dues.
- Organizations that sell technical communication products and services can benefit an array of high-impact, low-cost, exclusive marketing opportunities.
For more information, contact STC Business Development Manager Stacey O’Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (571) 366-1915.
If you have ideas, suggestions, questions, or comments please contact us.
You are the SIG!
Your leaders and volunteers,
- Dawnell Claessen & Emily Kowal, SIG Co-Managers
- Louise Tincher, Membership and Volunteer Coordinator
- Audrey Bezner, Website and Newsletter Manager