Lights! Camera! Action! The P&P SIG goes live with a new webinar and website.
Keeping policies and procedures up to date is an ongoing headache. How do you ensure timely reviews? In this webinar you’ll learn how one company uses information architecture to stay on top of the process. Register and mark your calendars now for this valuable webinar.
SharePoint Information Architecture: Improving the Policy and Procedure Process
- 16 0ctober 2014 (Thursday), 1:00-2:00 pm Eastern Time
- P&P SIG Members – free / STC Members $29 / Non Members $59
- More information and registration at:
New SIG Website
It’s finally here! The new, improved, better than ever Policies and Procedures SIG website. We’ve posted instructions for the SIG mail lists, our SIG newsletter archive, and existing policy and procedure related article reviews. Check it out now at: www.stc-pp.org
New Members and Mail Lists
Welcome to all our new P&P SIG members. Unless you opt out of receiving SIG email, we subscribe you to our Announcement and Discussion Lists. The Announcement List is used for official SIG announcements. Participating in the Discussion List is a major benefit of membership in the P&P SIG. You will hear from other members periodically and be able to exchange ideas and information with them.
To ensure that you receive our email, please add these addresses to your email contacts or white list.
- pp-discuss at mailer.stc.org
- pp-announce at mailer.stc.org
STC sends subscribers a monthly reminder with your mail list passwords and instructions.
New SIG Corporate Value Program Members
Welcome to our new STC Corporate Value Program members at Bank of America.
Could your company benefit from the Corporate Value Program?
- Organizations with five or more technical communicators can save on membership dues.
- Organizations that sell technical communication products and services can benefit an array of high-impact, low-cost, exclusive marketing opportunities.
For more information, contact STC Business Development Manager Stacey O’Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (571) 366-1915.
Be an Active Member
Want to see your name in (digital) print? Send us your reviews of policies and procedures related publications (books and articles), webinars, presentations, classes, etc. They don’t have to be long – just relevant. We’ll post them to our new website.
Want to get to network and make valuable professional connections? We’re looking for volunteers to help maintain and update our new SIG website. Summarize mail list discussions. Post summaries and reviews (see above). Add links to resources.
Want to really meet the movers and shakers and see how STC works? Become a SIG leader. Join the SIG Leaders Discussion List and Forum. Participate in live online SIG Leader meetings and webinars. Get to know the people behind the names.
Our current numbers (as of 09/21/14) are:
- 468 My STC P&P Group members
- 298 subscribers on our mail list
- 332 SIG members paid up through 2014
- 5 SIG leaders and volunteers
- Look for a Policies and Procedures session at the Summit in June. Thank you to Dawnell Claessen for submitting our proposal and Emily Kowal, Jamye Sagan, Audrey Bezner, Cindy Pao, and Sherri Henkin for collaborating.
- Don’t forget our Linked In Group /li>
- Note: STC plans to retire the My STC groups.
Remember, you are what makes this SIG work!
If you have ideas, suggestions, questions. or comments, please contact us. New volunteers are always welcome.
Your leaders and volunteers,
- Dawnell Claessen & Emily Kowal, SIG Co-Managers
- Louise Tincher, Membership and Volunteer Coordinator
- Audrey Bezner, Website and Newsletter Manager
- Darren Ritchie, Discussion Facilitator